Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that if you click that link and subsequently make a purchase, I will earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Making money with affiliate marketing is a great way to make a living.
Different affiliate programs offer different ways of earning a commission.
Some offer a fixed amount, some others offer a percentage of the product price. There are products that offer a certain amount for Lead.
But there is another great type of program that offers a recurring commission to its affiliate partner. These affiliate programs are one of the best ways to earn a fixed income through affiliate marketing.
What exactly are recurring commission affiliate programs?
Basically, they are affiliate programs that pay you a commission every month or year, as opposed to a one-time fixed amount or percentage commission on a sale.
You can also read my complete guide to affiliate marketing for more tips!
Making Money with Recurring Commission Affiliate Programs
If you have read my earlier posts, then you might be understood that I am a huge fan of affiliate marketing.
Affiliate marketing is my favorite way to earn money as a blogger.
I am an affiliate for many products that I use and love, so it’s only natural that I recommend these products to my blog readers and subscribers.
Recurring commission affiliate programs are one of the best forms of affiliate marketing because you have the potential to earn a long-term revenue totally passively once someone clicks on your affiliate link and makes a purchase.
Here are the top 7 best recurring commission affiliate programs I promote, plus ideas for how to promote them!
I use ConvertKit as my email marketing platform, and I am a huge fan! I am also a fan of their recurring commission affiliate program.
Every time someone signs up for a ConvertKit account using my affiliate link, I earn a 30% recurring commission on their monthly subscription.
So if they are on the $29 a month ConvertKit plan, I get $8.70 in commission every month. It may not sound like much, but that’s over $100 a year of passive income. If you refer just 10 people, that’s over $1,000 a year!
The commissions are even higher for referrals who are on a higher-priced plan (which is based on the number of email subscribers that you have.)
- $29/month plan, 0-1K subscribers, You make $8.70 recurring each month.
- $49/month Plan, 1K – 3K subscriber, You make $14.70 recurring each month
- $79/month plan, 3K – 5K subscriber, you make $23.3 recurring each month
Here is a good thing.
When the persons (who purchased Convertkit through your affiliate link) subscriber base increases, your commission per month also increases.
Tips for promoting ConvertKit:
- Write a blog post explaining why you chose ConvertKit over a competing service (like this post I wrote)
- Create a free mini-course showing how to use ConvertKit
- Write a comparison post – Eg:- Mailchimp Vs ConvertKit
- Write a blog post about email marketing tips or ways to build an email list and include your affiliate link for ConvertKit
- Create videos on email marketing starring ConvertKit and publish it on YouTube.
- Contact your affiliate manager and get a free trial period which is not available public
Click here to get a free trial of Convertkit
Click Here to join ConvertKit Affiliate Program
This is an awesome graphic design software with a great recurring commission affiliate program! I use PicMonkey and to make graphics for my blog and Pinterest.
There was a free version available when I first started using it. Now they are not offering it, instead a 7 – days free trial available and monthly paid plans that come with more features.
Their affiliate structure is set up so that you earn 50% commission on the customer’s initial purchase and 25% on all renewals.
So if someone signs up for one of PicMonkey’s annual plans using your link, you will receive a one-time 50% commission. The annual plans are priced at $71.88 (Premium) and $119.88 (Supremium.) If they renew the next year, you’ll receive a 25% commission, and so on.
If someone signs up for the monthly Premium plan for $7.99/month, you will receive a 50% commission the first month, and then a 25% commission every month they renew their plan!
The PicMonkey affiliate program is run through ShareASale, so you will have to sign up on that platform first. ShareASale is a great affiliate network with thousands of affiliate programs and it is completely free to join.
Tips for promoting PicMonkey:
- Write a blog post explaining how to do something specific in PicMonkey (example: creating Pinterest graphics)
- Create a video tutorial showing how you use PicMonkey for editing photos, creating graphics, etc.
- Create an E-course starring Picmonkey like what Suzi from start a mom blog has done.
Click Here to join the Picmonkey Affiliate Program
Elegant Themes sells popular and highly customizable WordPress themes.
The twist is that you pay an annual fee of $89 and get access to ALL of their themes and plug-ins instead of having to buy them individually.
They pay a uniquely high commission to affiliates: 50% of each sale! That’s $44.50 per sale for you. Even better, this is also a recurring annual commission. So you will get $44.50 every year as long as the person you referred to renews their Elegant Themes membership.
Tips for promoting Elegant Themes:
- Create a tools/resources page on your blog (take a look at mine for example) and include your affiliate link for Elegant Themes
- Create a free or paid e-course around Elegant Theme and you can offer some bonus too
- Write a blog post sharing tips on how to customize the themes or how to use certain features (there are even entire websites dedicated to this!)
- Write a detailed review of Elegant Themes
Click here to join Elegant Themes Affiliate Program
I use Tailwind for automating my Pinterest scheduling! Tailwind App is the ONLY approved API partner by Pinterest for scheduling pins
They also have a recurring commission affiliate program that you can join.
You can earn 15% recurring commission on their monthly subscriptions as an affiliate.
The Plus plan of Tailwind ($15/month) is the most popular, so that’s $2.25 every month for you.
For the $120 annual plan (60 savings) you make $18 one time payment.
They also pay per lead, so for everyone you refer to start a free trial of Tailwind, you earn $0.50. (Doesn’t sound like much, but it all adds up.)
This program is also run through ShareaSale, so you will need to sign up for a free account on that platform first! (This is why I love ShareASale.)
Tips for promoting Tailwind:
- Write a blog post about how Tailwind saves you time, helps you get more traffic, etc.
- Create a video tutorial showing how you use Tailwind
- Write a case study comparing your stats before using Tailwind to afterward
- Write a blog post on how to use Tailwind Tribes.
- Write a blog post on your overall experience with Tailwind – How it increased your traffic, email list and frees up your time.
Click Here to join the Tailwind Affiliate Program
SendOwl is the platform I use to sell my e-books. But you can use SendOwl to sell any type of digital products or even services.
They also have a great recurring commission affiliate program!
Every time you refer someone to sign up for SendOwl, you earn a 20% recurring commission on their monthly plan. The cheapest plan is $9/month, but most users are on the $15/month plan or higher.
Like ConvertKit, SendOwl is a service that users are most likely going to stick with for a long time, so you will be earning a consistent passive income every month from each person that you refer!
Tips for promoting SendOwl:
- Write a tutorial on how to start selling digital products with SendOwl
- Write a blog post comparing it to a competing e-commerce platform
- Include SendOwl to your resource Page
Click here to join SendOwl Affiliate Program
Teachable is the platform where I hosted my free and Paid courses.
But you can use Teachable to sell any of your digital products or even services.
Teachable pays out 30% recurring commissions with a 90-day cookie.
- Basic Plan $39/ month, you make $11.70 recurring commission each month.
- Professional Plan $99/month, you make $29.7 recurring commission each month
- Business Plan $499/month, you make $149.7 recurring commission each month
Tips for promoting Teachable:
- Write a tutorial on how to start selling digital products with Teachable
- Write a blog post comparing it to a competing e-commerce platform. Eg Thinkific Vs Teachable
- Include Teachable to your resource Page
Click here to join Teachable Affiliate Program
Click Funnels was specifically designed to make it easy to create sales funnels so you don’t have to deal with the tricky technical stuff to set things up.
ClickFunnels is a Drag & Drop based software, that lets us create sales pages, landing pages inside the sales funnels that people have to navigate through in order to take specific action (purchase a product, join an email list, etc).
This tool lets you create lead capture funnels, sales funnels, membership funnels, e-commerce funnels and many more
ClickFunnels Pays 40% Monthly Recurring Commissions. ClickFunnels commissions are paid weekly after the 30 day refund period as long as there is a minimum of $50 earned.
- Starter Plan $97/month – Commissions $38.80 recurring Every Month
- Enterprise Plan $297/month– Commissions $118.80 recurring Every Month
- FunnelHacks Masterclass $997 – Commissions $398.80 Commissions + $118.80 Enterprise Plan commission recurring every month
It also has a 2-tiered affiliate commission platform pays you 5% commission on everything anyone you sign up promotes.
First, you sign up other affiliates directly by promoting the links above. Next, the affiliates promote any of our ClickFunnels products. When a buyer purchases through their affiliate link, the affiliate receives 40% commission and you receive a 5% commission on the sale of that product. These commissions like all of our commissions are lifetime recurring commissions.
Tips for promoting ClickFunnel:
- Write a blog post explaining why you chose Clickfunnel over a competing service
- Create a free mini-course or video tutorial showing how to use Clickfunnel
- Write a comparison post – Eg:- Clickfunnel Vs BuilderAll
- Write a blog post about sales funnel tips or ways to build a funnel and include your affiliate link for Clickfunnel
- Create videos on email marketing starring Clickfunnel and publish it on YouTube.
- Contact your affiliate manager and get a free trial period which is not available public
Click here to join ClickFunnel Affiliate Program
Are recurring commission affiliate programs worth it?
These are the top seven recurring commission affiliate programs that I earn money with by promoting them on my blog.
While these commissions aren’t a huge one-time payment, they do add up over time. And the more people who you refer to, the more money you will make.
All of these programs have the potential to help you earn a great passive income. And if you are already using these products and would recommend them to others, you might as well become an affiliate and get paid to do it.